Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

18.4.12

Back In Action



After having a very busy few months I am taking some time to get back into this, for several reasons. I want to connect and share my thoughts, experiences, experiments and so on, with people who have similar interests. I have been struggling with a long time with the idea of blogging, and my motives, and expectations of the feedback I get in return, for investing my time and energy into this. I have found myself in the past comparing myself (ok I still do this) to a lot (ok pretty much all) of the bloggers I follow. Am I as clever as this person? Talented? Am I as good a mother as she is?! A wife? I know this is silly, and pretty immature, but I am learning! I have to constantly remind myself that when people blog, they have total control over what people see, in their words, photos, ideas, etc. I believe that some of the bloggers I follow are honest, this one for example and I want to be honest too.

So what better way to get back into the swing of things than to start posting a weekly "Currently" post, inspired by Danielle, her blog is so inspiring to me and I feel like I can really relate to her. So here it goes!

Reading: Xavier and I went to the bookstore this weekend (one of our favorite things to do on the weekends) and I had a few books in my hands. this onethis one and settled on The Dirty Life. This book is so beautiful, Kristen tells the story of how she met and fell in love with her husband and his farming dreams, and how those dreams came to be reality. I read half of it in one night. I am so in love with the idea of growing food, living from the land and living simply. Its a huge contrast from the life I truly live, but I am making steps to getting there. Mind you, I dont think we will be starting a farm anytime soon, but this book has inspired me to want to look into spending some time with Xavier's friends at Tempel Farm. Ironically, I was reading in Luke and felt really drawn to the passages about good soil, the word of God and how it grows in our hearts,  hoping to "cultivate the soil of my soul" and let the message take deep root.

Watching: American Idol, don't judge me. Im torn between Holly and Philip. I don't want to discuss this any further. :)

Working on: Shea's birthday present, very long over due. Im hoping to get it done before the new baby comes! I'll be posting my knitting notes on revelry and on here when its finished.


Thinking about: Our future. I take walks with the babies everyday around Wicker Park, and I am always so inspired by the homes I see. Xavier and I are thankful for the tiny apartment we have, but there is a part of me that just wants my own nest to invest in and build and grow in. I want to be able to plant things in the ground instead of in containers. I want to be able to have open shelving and a room for Julian that is not a closet under the stairs, Harry Potter style. I know that in order  to get to that place, where we can buy our own home, we have to work, hard. I need to go to school. I have been going back and forth between several career options.People close to me have told me I would be a good nurse, I think I could be one too. I would also love to go to culinary school, and be a personal chef for families that have children with eating restrictions or allergies.I could do both I suppose.  If I had no responsibilities I would go to art school and major in textiles and be a knitwear designer hah. There are a couple road blocks to getting there but Im trying, and thats all I can do right now. I have to have peace with that, even though I want to help our family be in a better place right now.


























Anticipating: Baby Gilliam 2.0! He will be here in about a month and a half! I know so many things are going to be changing in the Gilliam home, Im so excited and happy to be involved! Im not sure how it's all going to look, with Julian and Omi, and now the new baby, but Im sure it will be a little nuts and a lot amazing, maybe a little difficult sometimes.

Listening to: My friend Jeff over at Letters To Eloise posted an instagram photo of The Lumeneers album. I love them! I feel like Ive been waiting for this album for a while, after listening to the new Bon Iver album, and new Fleet Foxes albums on repeat for a few months haha. I really like their song "Classy Girls", its cute and funny and true at the same time. Classy girls don't kiss boys in bars. Thanks Jeff!

Eating: Today I was pretty busy, but I went to Red Hen Bread in Wicker and got the babies some peanut butter blondies and I REALLY went in for the ham and swiss croissant, but they were sold out! Blast! I settled with a rosemary herb focaccia, and it was great! (not as good as the ham and swiss croissant, but it was good enough..) Omi actually tossed her blondie out of the stroller and demanded my savory focaccia, her parents would be proud. OH! AND! I made these zucchini fritters yesterday for the babies and Omi went nuts over them, so I tried them with carrots today, and I went nuts over them. I spread a little cinnamon spiced Nancy's Plain Yogurt on top and man.....they were so delicious!



Wishing: I had more time. And more yarn.


 What about you?! Id love to hear!
-K








2 comments:

  1. I always wish I had more yarn! i'm in the same kind of place. Jamie and I don't know what the future looks like and I don't really know what I want to do. I just want to be a homemaker, but for now - that's not feasible.
    I'm glad you are blogging again!

    Elise
    ourdearestfamily.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thanks! Im glad to be back at it too! Thanks for reading!

      Delete