Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

12.1.12

for Miranda.

I haven't posted anything for a while because I have been stewing on everything I had written about previously. I had a lot of plans for plans for the new year, but upon further consideration I have deiced that I already have enough pressure on myself as a wife/mother/everything else, that the last thing I need is to try and convince myself that I am awesome for doing a b and c. Im learning to have peace with being me and not being perfect. I am still preparing to do a lot of the things I mentioned, just having a more open mind about when and how they get done. I've concluded that my battle with materialism is not  going to poof! disappear just because the earth has revolved once more around the sun, but am continually learning to "be transformed by the renewing of your mind daily", that is the goal. As far as my hopes for recycling yarn, I am getting there, I got a ball winder for christmas and I am saving up for a swift, hoping that Xavier will make me a kniddy noddy, so I can continue in my yarncyling endeavors. We had Julian's first birthday party a few weeks ago and it was so wonderful, lots of friends came out to celebrate our little man, I genuinely love the community we have here in the city. Our friend Chris shot this video for us. 



 And what would this blog be with out bits of yarn?! Here is my most recent wip, I sort of made the pattern up myself, its half of this and half this. The fiber here is Brooklyn Tweed's newest, Loft, and the color is "Truffle hunt". Its a rich but cool brown with bits of white, blue and grey mixed through out. Its named very well, it really brings the image of the soil in which you would find those treasured french truffles to mind.  Its such a great fiber to be working with, very smooth but substantial. I ordered only one skien because it is a bit pricey (I now understand why, its gorgeous, AND it is grown, spun, dyed, in the U.S. which is important to me), and I wanted to make something simple but could use every last inch of this wonderful yarn. 

-
-
p.s. For Christmas my momma got me the try it out set from knitpicks, I actually really love these needles, the joins ARE really great, the best Ive used thus far. I liked them so much I painted my nails to match. Dont judge me. 
Oh look this! Hes so big, and so loud.

-
-
-
-



2 comments:

  1. I can totally relate to your plans for plans for the new year. Your knitting is beautiful as always. And I can't believe it's already been a year for Julian! He's so adorable.

    ReplyDelete
  2. i won't judge you for painting your nails the same color. now i know what to get you for your birthday...weird colored nail polish. hahaha

    ReplyDelete