Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

15.11.12

Soulful Soup v.3 Emily from Thoughts And Biro Sketches



One of my absolute favorite things about blogging is the connections I get to make. I found Emily's blog a few months ago and instantly felt connected to her through her words, recipes and photographs. It was one of those "oh you too?" moments. Since, we have been emailing and sharing when we find the time. When I thought about the soup series I knew I wanted to ask her for a recipe. This recipe particularly, really peaks my interest because it has two of my favorite things, greek yogurt and curry powder, she had me at that! I am so excited to share her recipe with you! 



Some days call for simple food that is nourishing and easy to prepare. Soup fits into that category for me - when its raining outside, when we're busy with projects, when our lids are heavy with fatigue or the mind is overwhelmed with decisions. This lightly spiced zucchini soup is a favourite of mine - so easy to prepare, delicious tasting and very filling. Its a great way to use up an abundance or garden-grown zucchinis or marrows that are looking a bit on the sorry side too. 

You will need (for 4 or so servings):

1 large onion, roughly sliced
1 tablespoon olive oil
good pinch of sea salt
1-2 tablespoons curry powder
1 kilogram zucchinis or marrows, sliced
1.5 litres vegetable or chicken broth
freshly ground pepper
1/2 cup **uncooked** white rice (I like to use brown rice for the nutty flavour)

In a heavy-based pot gently sauté onions with olive oil and salt for 5 minutes, or until onion is translucent. Stir in curry powder and cook for a further 2 minutes. Add the zucchini, stock, pepper and rice and bring to the boil. Reduce the heat to low and simmer another 20-30 minutes. Blend for a smoother consistency or mash vigerously with a potato masher for a more rustic edge. Serve with a dollop of thick greek yoghurt and a sprinkle of fresh mint.

-

Doesn't that sound delicious?
Thanks for reading, 
-K 

1 comment:

  1. the pictures arent showing up for some reason but that sounds so delicious.

    ReplyDelete