Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

16.5.12

Things To Consider



A very interesting article from Npr, Just What's in Those Breasts?!. These articles always sort of freak me out, the realization that there are chemicals seeping out from literally everywhere is so unsettling. We can't live in a box, but staying educated and being proactive helps us in the battle, I think. If you listen to the episode on Fresh Air , the Author Florence Williams talks about common chemicals that we are exposed to like BPA, Parabins, Phalates, and Triclosan.  She even did a "detox" to see how much control we have over these environmental exposures.  In the latter part of the show she talks about the effect of diet and chemical exposure on early puberty in young girls. This hits home a little bit, I hit puberty at nine years old, which was pretty intense for me emotionally and physically. How do you feel when you read these things? Does it scare you? 


-

Getting Julian a few of these see above article. We will see how this goes, he is in that "When I don't want something I just throw it at the wall" stage. 

-

This quote from Dorothy Day :
"My idea of a good dinner party would be one at which everyone took turns to talk about his latest interests"

-

I just ordered my first Kinfolk magazine. Im so excited to get it start planning a great meal to share with my dearest friends, and celebrate the little things. 

-

This Recipe  looks so delicious, you know I love me some lentils.

-

This is so TRUE.  I would love to have this hanging in my kitchen. I also love this post Candis wrote about feeding her baby. 

-

Did you know there is a whole board on Pinterest dedicated to DIY Play Kitchen?!
Julian has started, much to my delight, to pretend! He loves to pretend to have a little car in his hand and rev it, saying the most adorable "Vroooooooommmmmm". I love it! I think he is totally ready for some play kitchen time, and Im hoping to either make or score some Felt Play Food

-

Look at this cute summer sweater dress pattern. I might make one for myself, even though its for little girls.....

-
I love this skirt. Especially because its cotton! I saw a girl today wearing a nude/pink maxi skirt and a grey sweater (I was totally creeping to see if I could approximate the pattern in my mind...) and I thought it was so lady like and pretty. I like This one too but its pretty much the same print as my tattoo, so you should get it instead... 

-

Some Fair Trade loving, this statement necklace is gorgeous. 

-
Did I mention Xavier & Julian got me this amazing Perfume for Mamas Day?! I have been wanting it for seriously, a year, I could just never justify spending that much money on myself. What a great gift. Now I smell like black tea and citrus all day. Yum. 

-
Ok, one last I promise. All I have to say is Waffle Furniture


-

Thanks for stopping in
-K 




1 comment: