Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket Photobucket

12.6.12

Things To Consider 6/12

Today has been such a lovely day! The weather is nice, about 70, which I can tolerate. Xavier and I had coffee this morning at the cafe ( a rarity during the week...), we shared a pour over of this delicious new Guatemala, and then off to work for the both of us. After the babies morning snooze, S and I packed everyone up to have lunch at a adorable little spot downtown. The children were so well behaved, S and I were crossing our fingers and pinching ourselves...waiting for the first bit of tomato bisque to be thrown across the table. To our relief, no bisque was tossed and in fact, Julian reached right over to S's plate, scooped up a blue cheese covered raw red onion and shoved it greedily in his mouth. S and I looked at each other, "Does he like it?!. His chubby little fingers made their way over to the plate again. Good gracious, he does like it! The rest of the meal was sprinkled with baby signs for "please" and "more" and even, dare I share, several "thank you's". We were beaming. I will admit, Julian did belt out one obnoxious screech, but I was able to cover his mouth quickly, and no one really noticed. It's not every day you go to a nice place to eat and see two women with two toddlers and a new born quietly enjoying a delicious meal. 

So, while the babies are sleeping I wanted to share some really interesting things that I have stumbled upon in the last week or so:


I love this Darling Magazine. 

My friend Melissa just posted the new Tukula prints, they are so lovely. I will also be doing a give away and special post about them next month, so it would be cool to read a little about them before I do the post. 

This Shop is cute, I love that all of the products are from around the world. 

Im so inspired to make my own Yogurt with Roasted Strawberries and Amaranth. I just picked up some amaranth from the bulk section and I am really excited to try it! Amaranth is gluten free, and has protein, calcium and magnesium, as well as the amino acid lysine, which helps if you are a vegetarian or vegan and need to get a little more protein. 

This Rhubarb Custard Pie  looks seriously delicious. 

I want to try this Pie Dough Technique sometime in the next few days too. Have you noticed I love pie? 

Look at these crazy Sheep! I love sheep so much.....

Oh and one last one, my sweet sweet friend Jax just posted this new music video from her band. I sure do love her. 

I hope you enjoy them too! 


Thanks for reading, 


1 comment:

  1. Ohhh I love your little list! Darling Magazine and the Ghanaian boy shirt from Cultured Baby are my favorite:)

    ReplyDelete